IT Infrastructure Scripting and Automation Engineer
Eurofins Scientific is the world leader in Food and Pharmaceutical products testing. It is also number one in the world in the field of environmental laboratory services and one of the global market leaders in agroscience, genomics (DNA Sequencing) and central laboratory services. Eurofins is an equal opportunity employer with a very strong fiscal performance Year-on-Year with over 3 Billion Euro revenue in 2017. Eurofins has set an ambitious target to double the company revenue to over 4 Billion Euros by 2020. Eurofins records over 30% Y-o-Y growth consistently.
Eurofins NM Laboratory Sdn Bhd
Eurofins Malaysia possesses an experienced team, a new service model, and a philosophy that will provide you with high quality, trustworthy, and efficient testing and consultation services. We offer a comprehensive range of services as Environment Testing, Industrial & Consumer Product Testing, Food & Feed Testing.
Eurofins is a Young, Dynamic and Growing organization with lot of career growth prospects. We strongly believe that ‘Our people are our assets’ and we ensure that all our staff are provided with great work environment, good benefits and challenging Global projects to enable a fulfilling career. We are committed to provide enriching experience to our employees.
POSITION TITLE: IT Infrastructure Scripting and Automation Engineer
REPORTING TO: IT Service Center Manager
WORKING LOCATION: Penang, Malaysia
The position holder is responsible for the execution of automation initiatives. The engineer is responsible for contributing to the development and implementation of the IT strategy and vision while providing skills to guide, execute, develop, maintain and improve automation solutions for activities that are currently done manual, inefficient or labour intense.
The position holder must be a self-starter with a high drive and motivation with a “getting-things-done” mentality who takes ownership and responsibility of tasks and initiatives
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Develops, optimises, maintains and coordinates the implementation of automation applications, technologies and processes, which optimise the cost effectiveness and reliability of IT products and resources.
- Serves as the owner of initiatives and primary contact for internal/external customers, project sponsors, contracted vendors and/or consultants.
- Drives process improvement where warranted for both IT Service Desk and Operations.
- Efficiently identifies and resolves system, application or process issues or inefficiencies; escalates, reports and documents when needed.
- Serves as a subject matter expert to customers in identifying and defining their business needs.
- Complies to and enforces all policies and procedures and ensures optimisation do not jeopardise corporate standards.
- Reports on progress to the leader of the automation team and escalates if required.
- Develops and maintain in-house IT solutions.
- Innovates automation for current manual IT Processes.
- Improves accessibility to IT Services for end user.
- 3 to 6 years’ experience in Scripting and Automation and relevant field.
- Experience in automation tool and infrastructure, ranging from command line automation to GUI automation will be a great advantage
- Technical understanding of Windows Operating Systems, in order to interrogate clients and servers unintendedly
- Experience with scripting languages (i.e. Powershell, VBS, Phython)
- Working experience in web programming with knowledge of modern HTML/CSS
- Knowledge of Active Directory Services.
- Knowledge of some of the modern relational databases (MSSQL, MySQL)
- Capable in C#, with a good knowledge of its ecosystems (.Net Frameworks)
- The successful candidate will have a self-motivated, get-it-done attitude; the ability to think critically; enjoy working with teams spread globally and across cultures; a desire to learn in new areas; and the discipline to pay attention to deadlines, details and quality.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills to interact with global teams
- BE Computer Science or any other qualification with the right experience
- Preferable with more than 3 years’ experience in related areas
PERFORMANCE APPRAISAL CRITERIA:
Eurofins has a strong focus on Performance Management system. This includes quarterly calibrations, half-yearly reviews and annual reviews. The KPIs shall be set and may vary slightly between projects. These will be clearly communicated, documented during the first 30 days of your joining.
Eurofins NML Malaysia, Careers Page:
Eurofins NML Malaysia., office location: