IT Performance Engineer
Eurofins Scientific is the world leader in Food and Pharmaceutical products testing. It is also number one in the world in the field of environmental laboratory services and one of the global market leaders in agroscience, genomics (DNA Sequencing) and central laboratory services. Eurofins is an equal opportunity employer with a very strong fiscal performance Year-on-Year with over a Billion Euro revenue in 2011. Eurofins has set an ambitious target to double the company revenue to over 2 Billion Euros by 2017. Eurofins records over 20% Y-o-Y growth consistently.
Eurofins NM Laboratory Sdn Bhd
Eurofins Malaysia possesses an experienced team, a new service model, and a philosophy that will provide you with high quality, trustworthy, and efficient testing and consultation services. We offer a comprehensive range of services as Environment Testing, Industrial & Consumer Product Testing, Food & Feed Testing.
Eurofins is a Young, Dynamic and Growing organization with lot of career growth prospects. We strongly believe that ‘Our people are our assets’ and we ensure that all our staff are provided with great work environment, good benefits and challenging Global projects to enable a fulfilling career. We are committed to provide enriching experience to our employees.
IT Performance Engineer
Regional IT Infrastructure Manager
The IT Performance team inside is responsible for analysing IT services (e.g.: applications, servers, database and network). It will be done in collaboration with other IT teams and according to defined processes (e.g. Incident Management and Change Management).
The IT Performance Engineer should:
- Continuous monitoring of the application performance;
- Do analyses of the performance of applications inside Eurofins including designing and implementing performance dashboards and new KPIs;
- Statistically analyze data and extracting knowledge from numerical data;
- Support the IT Operations team in operating existing applications in case of performance problems;
- Support the IT solutions teams during the development of applications to ensure that defined performance KPIs will be meet.
1. Monitor the application performance with the different solutions used by Eurofins (AppDynamics, SolarWinds, and IDERA etc.);
3. Optimizing MS SQL Server databases.
4. Add new applications to the existing performance monitoring solutions;
5. Do analyses with the Eurofins performance monitoring solutions (e.g., AppDynamics or IDERA);
6. Work with the IT Operations and IT Solutions teams to solve identified bottlenecks.
a. Participate in the design of Eurofins standards and policies regarding IT Services concerning performance;
• Together with peers, participate to the definition of Eurofins standards and policies;
• Liaise with other IT teams to design new IT Services.
b. Ensure that Eurofins standards and policies are respected;
• Implement changes according to Eurofins standards and policies;
• Make sure that Eurofins standards correctly implemented and followed by his/her own team as well as by each customer supported.
Personal Skills: • Strong organizational skills;
• Ability to listen, gather and understand information about people
and situations, quickly;
• Strong interpersonal skills including the ability to influence
across the organization and externally;
• Excellent attention to detail and quality;
• At ease with distant & international communications through a
wide array of technologies (ticketing tool, documents and
forums, phone, chat, e-mail).
Initial Education Background: • Bachelor's degree or comparable education.
Additional Education Background: • Knowledge of data analysis and statistical methods.
Language skills and level expected: • English (fluent) required.
(Mother tongue; Fluent; Professional)
Type and duration of previous • More than 3 years’ experience required as Performance
experience: engineer or developer on enterprise degree with applications based on
Microsoft technology like MS Windows Server, .Net and MS
SQL Server 2008/2012.
Technical knowledge: • More than 3 years’ experience with performance monitoring or Troubleshooting of
business critical applications on enterprise degree;
• Knowledge in programming in .Net and SQL are required
to understand and solve identified performance bottlenecks with
the IT Solution teams;
Knowledge in programming in Python is required for dashboard, KPIs and statistical analysis.
• Preferable is experience with the existing performance
Monitoring solutions AppDynamics or IDERA (not required).
PERFORMANCE APPRAISAL CRITERIA:
Eurofins has a strong focus on Performance Management system. This includes quarterly calibrations, half-yearly reviews and annual reviews. The KPIs shall be set and may vary slightly between projects. These will be clearly communicated, documented during the first 30 days of your joining.
Contact No. : +604-538 8086
Email : MuaiyahKhalid@eurofins.com