IT SMR BI Expert
Eurofins Scientific is the world leader in Food and Pharmaceutical products testing. It is also number one in the world in the field of environmental laboratory services and one of the global market leaders in agroscience, genomics (DNA Sequencing) and central laboratory services. Eurofins is an equal opportunity employer with a very strong fiscal performance Year-on-Year with over a Billion Euro revenue in 2011. Eurofins has set an ambitious target to double the company revenue to over 2 Billion Euros by 2017. Eurofins records over 20% Y-o-Y growth consistently.
Eurofins NM Laboratory Sdn Bhd
Eurofins Malaysia possesses an experienced team, a new service model, and a philosophy that will provide you with high quality, trustworthy, and efficient testing and consultation services. We offer a comprehensive range of services as Environment Testing, Industrial & Consumer Product Testing, Food & Feed Testing.
Eurofins is a Young, Dynamic and Growing organization with lot of career growth prospects. We strongly believe that ‘Our people are our assets’ and we ensure that all our staff are provided with great work environment, good benefits and challenging Global projects to enable a fulfilling career. We are committed to provide enriching experience to our employees.
IT SMR BI Expert
Regional IT Infrastructure Manager
Eurofins today, through the “IT Service Management & Reporting” (ITSMR) team, provides an IT Service Management (ITSM) suite to 2,300 agents (growing steadily), both to IT and to the business, so that they can manage and control the quality of end-user and customer support aligned with ITIL best practices. The ITSM tool suite comprises ticketing and CMDB tools based on OTRS, and some satellite tools: OCS Inventory, DW tool/SSIS, BI portal/Pyramid, upcoming Software Asset Management (SAM) tool. The First Level IT Support for the ITSM tool suite is fulfilled by Global IT Service Desk (7x24, offshore), Second-Level IT Support and IT Operations are fulfilled by the Global Command Centre (offshore), and the Third Level IT Support is done in the UK and in NL, and also by support contract by OTRS company in Germany. The underlying IT Infrastructure is managed mainly by the EU datacentre team (spanning Germany, France, and India today).
Eurofins IT Infrastructure has got a lot of information to report on: ticket performance, user satisfaction, asset management, capacity management, budget preparation & execution, including the associated KPIs.
This role would manage the BI platform and create dashboards and reports for IT Directors and for Managers.
The BI platform (based on Pyramid Analytics 2018) is owned by the ITSMR team, however is also shared with other IT teams (“subscribers”) that have their own space and report on their own data; this service is charged back to the subscribers. Part of the job, the BI experts define the service and handover the run to L1 and L2 teams.
The ITSMR BI experts:
• Compile requirements from the policy documents (KPIs), and from stakeholders feedback (IT Directors, IT Managers);
• Develop the ETL interfaces to load the necessary data;
• Create the dashboards in the BI platform;
• Demonstrate the accuracy of figures;
• Obtain approval for deployment;
• Deploy the dashboards and train the end-users.
Assignments above are conducted in coordination with the ITSMR Innovation & Development manager and the SCRUM team.
The ITSMR BI experts also:
• Controls the shared BI platform (where other IT teams are doing their own reports);
• Defines the management procedures to be used by L1 and L2 teams for support and service requests, so that access is controlled, and so that subscriptions are tracked for charge-back;
• Act as L3 support, and escalate to vendor as required.
Assignments above are conducted in coordination with the ITSMR Service Deliver Manager.
a. Participate in the design of Eurofins standards and policies regarding IT Services concerning performance;
• Together with peers, participate to the definition of Eurofins standards and policies;
• Liaise with other IT teams to design new IT Services.
b. Ensure that Eurofins standards and policies are respected;
• Implement changes according to Eurofins standards and policies;
• Make sure that Eurofins standards correctly implemented and followed by his/her own team as well as by each customer supported.
Personal Skills: • Strong organizational skills;
• Ability to listen, gather and understand information about people
and situations, quickly;
• Strong interpersonal skills including the ability to influence
across the organization and externally;
• Excellent attention to detail and quality;
• At ease with distant & international communications through a
wide array of technologies (ticketing tool, documents and
forums, phone, chat, e-mail).
Initial Education Background: • Bachelor's degree or comparable education.
Additional Education Background: • Knowledge of data analysis and statistical methods.
Language skills and level expected: • English (fluent) required.
(Mother tongue; Fluent; Professional)
Type and duration of previous experience
• 5+ year experience as BI engineer/expert;
• 2+ year experience as Data Quality Officer / Master Data Manager;
• Stringent and quality-minded;
• Demonstrates graphical design & infographics skills;
• Excellent communication skills (in English, both orally and in the writing, including moderating TC/meetings);
• Gets things done (i.e., fixing errors, pushing other teams), escalates to upper levels when needed;
• Recommended: ITIL Foundation V3 certification (since ITSM suite runs ITIL processes, this shall support understanding);
• Position includes travelling approx. 1 time a year to main sites: Nantes (France), Breda (Holland), Wolverhampton (UK);
• Position includes 3-day training to Pyramid Analytics 2018, 3-day training on OTRS usage internally at Eurofins, 3-day training to Team Foundation Services (SCRUM kanban).
Technical knowledge: • Pyramids BI tool or any other BI platform
PERFORMANCE APPRAISAL CRITERIA:
Eurofins has a strong focus on Performance Management system. This includes quarterly calibrations, half-yearly reviews and annual reviews. The KPIs shall be set and may vary slightly between projects. These will be clearly communicated, documented during the first 30 days of your joining.
Contact No. : +604-538 8086
Email : MuaiyahKhalid@eurofins.com